Friday, June 22, 2012

Little Dogs

I have 5 greyhounds.  For anyone not familiar with a greyhound let me tell you, they're big dogs.  But here's what I want to know.  Does the questionnaire that people fill out when they want to adopt a dog under 20 pounds contain the following questions:

Do you promise to buy a retractable leash and give your dog 30 feet of lead while you stare blankly the other way?
Do you promise to laugh hysterically when your little dog charges a big dog and then exclaim through peals of laughter “He’s not afraid!  He thinks he’s a big dog!!!”
Do you promise to let your dog run loose and pee on your neighbors landscaping?
Do you promise to dress your dog in ridiculous outfits like cheerleaders and pumpkins?

If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, congratulations, you are the perfect candidate to be an owner of a little dog.
 
Now if I ruled the world, anyone found guilty of any of the above infractions would be chained in their yard without water, in the blazing sun for an indeterminate amount of time and your dog turned over to a cat person. 

As a big dog owner, one who has had to deal with countless encounters between my dogs and your little ones let me tell you this.  You may think it’s hysterical that your dog isn’t afraid, but guess what, he should be, because realistically he's not a big dog, he's just a small dog with lots of fur and a big yapping mouth.  And I’m not implying it’s my dogs he should be afraid of.  It’s me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment