Wednesday, June 26, 2013

IIIIII of One; Half Dozen of the Other


I bought a big clock with Roman Numberals for over my fireplace.  I like it a lot.  
As I stared at it idly the other night I noticed that “4” o’clock was displayed as IIII.  Was that right?  It didn’t look right to me so I goggled it.  It was wrong.  Do Roman Numberal clock manufacturers think we’re all stoopid?  I watch the Superbowl.       
Frankly, in all my IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII years on the planet, I’ve never had my intelligence so insulted; not even when I was IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII years old and myself and III others were unjustly accused of trying to steal a IIIIII pack of soda from the IIIIIII/IIIIIIIIIII.  
I am writing to the Roman Emperor and telling him about the error.  My advice will be to hire Eli Manning for $IIIIIIII an hour as their Kwality Kontrol Soupervisor.   If he takes off his shoes and socks I think he can count to IIIIIIIIIIII.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment