Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Let the Printer Beware


My husband Jack lost his job at a privately owned printing conglomerate, an industry he’s been in and has vilified since the age of 18.  I always assumed he was exaggerating.

Jack contacted an old colleague, a VP of Sales and Marketing, about an open position at this man's company.  The man, slated to move into the President’s chair, told Jack to send his resume and he would get him a job. 

As it turned out, the man, 20 years Jack’s junior, instead decided to voluntarily leave his six figure a year position.  Like Jack, he had had it with the printing industry.  Unlike Jack, he is young enough to be able to pursue an entirely different career.   Want to know in what?  Law enforcement.

I thought to myself, the printing industry is so bad that a person is willing to give up a six figure salary to get away from it?  And be shot at instead? 

I will never complain about my job again.


No comments:

Post a Comment