Friday, January 4, 2013

Bill Cosby Where Are You?


I know my IQ.  I’m not a genius.  Generally speaking, I’m not an idiot either.  This allows me to tackle life’s bigger quandary’s, the mysteries of the universe if you will, the “Why am I here?” of my existence.  More specifically:  If we believe that God created man, and man created ovens, then why can’t I cook?

The year was 1985 and I was attempting to make a Chocolate-Jello cake.  The recipe on the box had explicit ‘cake-making’ directions in terms of required ingredients and baking instructions.  After the cake was completely cooked, the recipe said that I should set the cake aside and let it cool.  When cooled, I was to slice it lengthwise and add the Jello.   

I prepared and baked the cake as required and set it aside to cool.  At that point I dissolved the Jello in water, poured it in a pan and popped it in the oven.

I’ve checked it every 10 minutes for the past 28 years but it’s still not done.  It looks like it’s getting there though.   The only problem is I had to throw the cake out in 1994 because it was starting to get a little stale. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm taking it the cake wasn't round. The lengthwise slice could have been tricky. What flavor jello you working? Burnt Orange? Slow Roasted Red? Hickory Smoked Salmon?

    ReplyDelete