Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The High Price of Dog Food


My husband and I have five big greyhounds.  Roughly translated, that means there’s a lot of poop in our yard.  Three of our five big pooping greyhounds like to eat poop.  While we appreciate their willingness to help with the poop scooping, we'd prefer it if they let us handle it ourselves.

Do you know there's a product on the market that's made especially to deter dogs from eating poop?  Isn't that amazing?  From what I understand, it's sort of like a spice that you sprinkle on your dog's food that will make their poop taste bad. Doesn't it taste bad enough on its own?

Have you ever had a dog that ate its own poop?  Or another dog’s poop?  It's not pleasant.  But if that wasn't bad enough, what's worse is the lengths my husband will go to to discuss each dog’s gastronomical adventures with them.     

This is the conversation I hear from the mud room:

“Did you have any Appiturds today?”

No response.

“How did you like your Hor Turds?” 

No response. 

“Was the Crapparoni to your liking?”

No response.

No response.

What I wouldn’t give to live on a deserted island.

No comments:

Post a Comment