Monday, July 15, 2013

Finally, Some Good News


On my way home from work one night I heard the man on the radio proudly proclaim that the United States was no longer the most obese nation on earth.  I was so overjoyed that I put down my Whopper with extra pickles and clapped. 

Want to know what the most obese nation is?  Mexico.  I couldn’t believe it either but it’s true. 

The man on the radio cautioned that we shouldn’t be too overjoyed since the United States was a close second.  I don’t care, at least we’re not at the top of the fat category anymore.  We’re always either ranking first for something bad or last for something good, like education.  But at least in this one particular race, Mexico has us beat with a fat rate of 32.8% for adults.  That’s right, half.

You would think that a nation of people continuously trying to hop the fence to the United States would be a lot leaner.







No comments:

Post a Comment