Monday, August 12, 2013

Don't Talk to Me


Every time I think I’ve heard it all, I have to have a conversation with my daughter. 

It seems her future sister in law, barely 24, has had some issues with drinking and driving.  The young girl has had several DUI’s and lost her license.  During the most recent incident, the young lady injured herself and ended up arrested with the promise of incarceration.  As she was to celebrate her upcoming birthday during her six month stay in the Gray Bar Hotel, the family decided that they should all go out and have a birthday/farewell dinner.  My daughter had to go.  All she said was, it was uncomfortable and a bit bizarre.

From what I was told afterwards, they all hoisted their alcoholic drinks and toasted the young girl’s birthday.  The young girl included. 

Now it all makes sense.    



No comments:

Post a Comment