Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Nature vs Nurture


My husband Jack is one third Irish, one third German and half drunk. 

When his mother died I was upset at the wake so I walked outside.  I was heading to my car to take a breather when I ran into one of Jack’s uncles leaning up against his car. 

He was a nice man and could see that I was upset.  He called me over to where he was and as I got closer I could see he had a plastic cup in his hand.  I assumed he had grabbed a glass of water in the funeral home on his way out and was taking a breather himself. 

Before I could say a word he asked me if I wanted a drink.  The next thing I knew he popped open the trunk of his car, and opened up a cooler where he had cups, ice, vodka, stirrers, and assorted juices.  Oh and lemons.  Honest to God the guy made me a cocktail.  I wasn’t sure if I had to tip him. 

After my second drink I felt much better and honestly couldn’t remember what I was so upset about.

More wakes should serve alcohol.  It would cut out all of that pesky weeping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment