Wednesday, July 11, 2012

As Ron White Would Say...

...You Can't Fix Stupid

True Story:

In the late 1990’s I worked as a Buyer for a major pharmaceutical company.  One week we had a temp filling in for our administrative assistant.  She was a young girl, couldn’t have been more than 20 or so and seemed pleasant enough.  On the second day she was working for us, I approached her and handed her the business card of a vendor I did business with and asked her if she would make up a Fedex envelope for me.  She said OK.

About 15 minutes later I went back to her desk with the paperwork I wanted overnighted to the vendor and asked her where the Fedex envelope was.  She told me she had already mailed it for me.  She seemed quite pleased with herself and her obvious efficiency.  I asked her what on earth she put in the envelope.  Her response?  The business card. 

I stood there for a few minutes, nodded my head, thanked her and walked away.

There are some things in life you just can’t make up.

No comments:

Post a Comment