Friday, July 13, 2012

No Flea is a Good Flea

My daughter comes over to my house on the weekends and helps me clean.  I don’t pay her; I usually take it out in trade.  Like I’ll buy her stuff she needs for her apartment.  Or post her bail. 

We divide and conquer the housework.  Generally I clean the master bathroom located off my bedroom while my daughter cleans the "spare" bathroom located down the hall.  

One morning she appeared in my bathroom with a perplexed look on her face.  She wanted to know why her dad was not showering in the master bathroom but rather using the bathroom down the hall.  I assured her that her father always showered in his master bath and what the heck gave her the idea that he wasn’t? 

She told me that the last time she cleaned the tub there was nearly a full bottle of shampoo but that now the bottle was more than half empty.  I thought about it and told her that it was probably just her stepbrother who was using it when he came down for the weekend.    

She asked me if it bothered me that my stepson was using that shampoo and asked if she should perhaps move it under the sink so he couldn’t find it.  I told her I would never be so inhospitable to my stepson.  I also told her that she didn’t need to be so interested in my shampoo consumption and that she should mind her own business.  That's when she told me it was dog shampoo.         

On the up side, at least I know my stepson doesn’t have any fleas.  He also has a very shiny coat.  As for the shampoo, it’s still in the bathroom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment