Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Boobies Here, Boobies There, Boobies, Boobies Everywhere


I was listening to a debate on talk radio the other night and the topic was whether or not it’s acceptable to breast feed in public.  Frankly I don’t like it.  One of the arguments “For” is that it’s a natural biological function.  Is that supposed to make it OK?  Because the last time I checked, going to the bathroom was a natural biological function too, but I’m pretty sure there are laws on the books prohibiting public urination. 

So why the double standard?  Is it because of the innocent association with babies or because the law makers are men and there are boobies involved?

Many years ago I was at a friend’s house and she asked me if I minded if she breast fed her daughter.  It was her house; what was I going to do, tell her no?  So I said, “sure, it doesn’t bother me.”  Now, my friend sports 40 DD’s on a non post-pregnancy day.  I don't think I can estimate how big this thing was.  All I can say is that when she whipped that thing out it was like a cannon engulfed the room.  I didn’t know where to look. 

It made me blush that day almost 30 years ago, and I feel certain that I wouldn’t need to witness it, 30 years later, at Motor Vehicles.     


No comments:

Post a Comment