Friday, September 28, 2012

Is This Wrong?


Consider the following lyrics:

“Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can.
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man.
Imagine all the people, sharing all the world.
You may say that I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.
I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will be as one.”

John Lennon 1940-1980

“Sister Suzy, Brother John, Uncle Ernie, Phil and Don
Uncle Michael, Auntie Gin, open the door, let em in….
Someone’s knocking at the door, somebody’s ringing the bell, someone’s knocking at the door, somebody’s ringing the bell.  Do me a favor, open the door and let ‘em in.”

Paul McCartney.  1943 – Present.

I’m not trying to offend anybody here but is it possible that Mark David Chapman got that backwards?


No comments:

Post a Comment