Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words


Why is it that people in the workforce who have offices insist on facing the pictures of their loved ones towards the hallway so that the rest of us have to look at their wives and children as we walk by?  Isn’t it humiliating enough that they have offices; do we have to be subjected to looking at pictures of their suntanned faces as they lounge on a boat in the Caribbean?

Besides, if they love their families so much shouldn’t they want to be the ones looking at them? 

Do you like to look at the pictures of co-worker's families?  I don’t.  I don’t look at pictures of my own family.  Hell, I don’t even have any pictures of my family in my cubicle.  I only have pictures of my dogs. 

Do people who have offices just keep their families quiet by bringing their pictures to work and pretending that they’re looking at them when they’re really not?  Do these people turn the pictures to face themselves when their loved ones come to visit?  And what do you think the loved ones would say if they knew that their pictures were facing the exit door when they’re not there?  Why on earth do these people want to visit our office anyway? 

Years ago I asked my husband why he didn’t have a picture of me on his desk.  Honest to God this is what he said:  “But...I sit out in the open.”  What a guy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment