Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chimps Only, Apply Within


I was thinking the other day about that horrible story where the woman kept a chimp in her house that attacked her friend.  I have a question.  Where were the lawmakers in this situation?  Obviously you feel bad for the person that got attacked, but as an animal lover, I also felt terrible for the chimp that had to be killed. 

Now I don’t profess to know all the facts, but I doubt the chimp answered a “Room for Rent” ad in the paper and went to live with the old lady voluntarily.  So why are we surprised when animals, who are taken out of their natural environment and placed in a situation they have no business being in, act like animals? 

I live in a small town where the ordinance says you can’t have more than 4 dogs, but I wonder if there’s anything on the books about chimps. 

I know the poor old lady lost her husband and kid and was looking for companionship so I felt sorry for her.  But for God’s sake if you’re that lonely and unstable, get a fish and name him Harvey.


No comments:

Post a Comment